Tuesday, September 30, 2008

For about four days I decided that maybe Isaac's job isn't so bad after all. That's because I got to tag along with him to a work retreat at a resort in Scottsdale, AZ. Soren stayed home with a rotation of aunts and uncles. It was nice to relax sans kiddo, but I also missed Soren terribly!! Here's a random smattering of pics, a lot of our pics were on our smaller camera, which encountered an unfortunate incident while we were kayaking. We got to go on a "city slickers cattle drive" where I discovered I was not cut out for life as a cowgirl. It was 105 and we were riding horses through the desert in the middle of the afternoon. People got heatstroke. But an experience never to be forgotten!

Thanks a million to Beth, Mary, Eli and Vanessa who watched our little man, we're so lucky to have such great help! Special shout out to Mary who put up with an ungodly early morning and no nap on Saturday!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

How did you ever manage to survive for 4 whole days without him?!?!? I think 3 hours is the longest I've ever been away from Ephram... although a night away sounds niiiiiiice!

the blad pad said...

what an awesome trip kayt! it looks like you guys had a great time!