Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Great Minnesota Get Together!
Today Beth, Soren and I went to the Minnesota State Fair. We gorged ourselves on deep-fried food and saw a bunch of farm animals. It rocked. Soren's favorite seemed to be the battered, deep-fried Reece's peanut butter cups, and I must concur. He was not so interested in the Pronto Pup, so I had to eat them both myself (errr...I mean one, I ate one...) Here we are sharing a Sweet Martha's cookie-Even though he now has eleven teeth, with more on their way in, Soren wasn't able to figure out how to eat the buttered sweet corn from the cob, so I played mama bird and bit a bunch off and spit it in his cup. Delicious!
Soren was not, I repeat NOT, a fan of the giant slide. On the plus side Beth is pretty sure she worked off at least the fried cheese curds on the trek up the stairs.In the "Miracle of Birth" barn we got to watch a baby lamb being born. I felt pretty bad for the mama sheep though, I would not have enjoyed giving birth with a crowd like this, PLUS they were broadcasting the whole thing on TVs overhead.
Soren kept pointing at all the animals and saying "cat!". Apparently we need more work on the fine distinction between a cat and, say a lamb.
Although Beth was clearly enjoying it, Soren was not sure whether to laugh or cry when a cow moo-ed about a foot from his face. He decided on whimpering in the end.
This pig was bigger than it looks, and some guys were trying to prod it towards its pen. This time it was my turn to be petrified, I was sure it was going to charge us!
Afterwards Soren zonked out on the car ride home. We even heard a couple of snores!! I realized afterwards that we forgot to try the chocolate dipped bacon. I might have to see if Isaac wants to go back on Friday since he has the afternoon off!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Isn't the Fair great for exhausting the children? I swear Millie is still recovering.

Btw, I don't think I can ever eat corn on the cob again after that lovely description.