Monday, October 27, 2008

I give up.
We are never travelling again until Soren is off at college. Someone said to me a while ago "Soren must be a great traveller, you guys take so many trips." Nope, we're just crazy. Soren is a HORRID traveller! Last Thursday he and I flew to Chicago to meet Isaac and spend the weekend visiting friends and our old stomping ground. It didn't go very well to say the least. Soren refused to nap, and didn't sleep well at night either. So needless to say he wasn't in the greatest mood. We didn't end up getting to do much as a result. But we did spend some time with our dear friends Sam and Erin, and that was wonderful. When I win the lottery I'm going to move them here to Minneapolis because I miss them oodles.

I thought Soren might like flying because he is obsessed with pointing out airplanes when they fly over us (which happens frequently since our house is in the flight path of most planes landing at MSP). He did like the airport and seeing the planes, but I don't really think he got that we were actually in one, nor that we were flying.
Here's Soren watching the boys Wii box, and trying to get in on the action (or is he dancing? Not completely sure)
Playing trains and Legos with ErinFamily picture at the playground Looking deceptively cute and happy
The only thing Isaac and I insisted that we do in Chicago was to visit our favorite restaurant in the whole wide world Thai Spice. I am not exaggerating when I say they have hands down the best Panang Curry out there. Unfortunately Soren cried from the time we walked in the door until dessert was cleared. And then he turned into Mr. Sunshine. It helped that Sam was being hilarious and sticking pieces of paper to their foreheads and then blowing them off.
On the flight home with daddy
Isaac said to me yesterday "I wonder what we can do next time to make this easier" and my reply was "what the @#%$ do you mean next time, the only way to make this better is for there to not be a next time!" Sigh!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my goodness - I'm so sorry, Kayt! I know EXACTLY how you feel... Ephram's been on 20+ plane rides and it's never easy! You sound just like me when we get home...and then 2 months later I'm on a plane again ;0)

The pictures are great, though! LOVE your family pictures...too cute!

!!!! (a few more for good measure)

heathers243 said...

I've found that the "sit n stroll" stroller/carseat, combined with his own seat, makes the airplane ride a dream. Not so much when he's sitting on my lap :)

You can't tell he was a mess from the pictures, he looks adorable!

Alex said...

I am so sorry to hear about your weekend. Next time should just be another trip to the farm :)

Also, did you actually use "oodles" in a sentence?