Wednesday, March 25, 2009

an honest-to-goodness belly shot

Here's the best I could do on my own- a picture from my phone. Baby belly #2 at 25 weeks. (Writing 25 weeks kind of freaks me out).

For comparison's sake here's me at around 25 weeks with Soren. About the same?


I'm starting to become concerned at how insanely active this kid is. My midwife announces at every appointment without fail that I'm going to have my hands full with this one, either because she's hiding when we're trying to find the heartbeat, or assaulting the doppler with kicks. I've dismissed all this as part of the nonsense people inveriably feel the need to say to scare moms-to-be, except lately baby girl seems determined to break her way out through my stomach, and is working on this an alarming portion of the day. And night. With a toddler that I can barely keep up with during the day, and who is still not sleeping through the night on a regular basis, I'm hoping more than anything that this baby girl proves us wrong!

5 comments:

Meghan said...

OMG! You're so slender!!! (but with a bump!)You look fabulous - 100% adorable!

Alex said...

Has Soren's personality matched how he was in utero?

Kayt said...

Alex, see you hit upon my deepest anxieties right there. The only thing I know is that this baby girl is waaaaaay more active in utero than Soren ever was. I can't imagine how that could possibly translate into a more active kid than my toddler tornado, but it's my worst nightmare right now.

Tune said...

Wow! You really do look the same - glowing and like a happy mommy. Just a little reassurance- Elliot was more active in utero than Coco and has turned out to be a pretty mellow guy. Only time will tell.... either way, your going to be busy :) Can't wait to meet her!

the blad pad said...

You look SO AWESOME!! Such a cute little belly!