Wednesday, April 01, 2009

reality check

Yesterday I put Soren down for his nap around noon, and was putzing around when I heard a loud "boom" outside. Sometimes trucks going by on 50th make a similar noise hitting a pothole, so I didn't think much of it. A few minutes later I started to hear sirens, and thought maybe it had been a car accident. I looked out the window and FREAKED OUT because the townhouses across 50th behind our house were engulfed in flames! It was one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen. Thankfully it turns out everyone got out safe, but of the five townhomes two are completely destroyed, and I would imagine the other three are all uninhabitable as well. Such an unimaginable tragedy to lose your home and everything in it. I know at least one family has a small child.







Here are a couple of news stories about the fire:

http://www.startribune.com/local/42137452.html?elr=KArksUUUU

You can see our house a few times in this clip; from the helicopter and also when the homeowner is walking down the street in front of our house towards the end.
http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-kare-3323-pub01-live/current/launch.html?maven_playerId=articleplayer&maven_referralPlaylistId=playlist&maven_referralObject=1078276812

No comments: