Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas in Duluth

I'm going to have to skip around a bit here, as a bunch of pictures are on our other camera and I still have to download them.

We drove up to Duluth on Christmas Eve in the midst of a blizzard. The roads really weren't as bad as they were predicting, but we were glad we got there when we did, because they got much worse later. We arrived just in time for some lefse making!

Mary is pretty much the champion lefse maker in our family

Soren loved to "help" grandma roll out the lefse

Since we wouldn't feed her lefse, Greta was forced to eat her boot. Poor child.


Christmas morning breakfast of champions- donut holes and pears.

Ahhhh, the sophisticated two year old sense of humor (that's a bow on his forehead)
Side note: I feel really guilty, because despite constant badgering from my siblings about how I need to make sure to take just as many pictures of my second child as my first, that last picture just may be the only one we have of Greta's first Christmas. Yes, that's her on the floor. Parenting fail.

Uncle Tom and Aunt Liz gave Soren a harmonica for Christmas. I will spend the next year plotting my revenge.

Soren is actually quite a virtuoso harmonica player. After putting on a show for everyone he went in the sunroom, shut the door, and lay down with his feet up to play a bit more. He was like a sad hobo in there.

mixing, mixing, mixing

Christmas Eve into Christmas Day it continued snowing. I think we got about 2 feet?? And then it started to rain. But that didn't stop the boys from all going outside to make a snowman.

I'm not sure how with Tom and Isaac working on this snowman it didn't turn out looking more....shall we say creative....but they went pretty standard.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Kayt, if my memory serves me correctly, I believe YOU were the one to start the "bow on forehead=comic genius" trend....don't disparage your child for following in your clever footsteps :-)