Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Everyone is super excited to meet Baby T with the exception of one- our cat Peanut. Okay, granted she lacks the comprehension to understand what's going to be happening, but it's not too much of a leap to guess that she won't be too pleased with competition for petting, squeezing, and attention. Right now her favorite place in the world to be is between Isaac and I. Our other cat Lily we're not so worried about, as long as the baby doesn't get in the way of her getting fed Lily really won't care.
This weekend I got a new toy- a fancy-pants camera. Here are some pictures I took...

Peanut
Lily
Me and Peanut

I could have posted a picture of Isaac and Peanut in order to make a point, but thought this would be funnier
And finally, my sister Mary is in town this week at a conference on youth ministry, and I got to have dinner and margaritas (nonalcoholic for me of course) with her, which is good because not only did I get to spend time with my sis, but I got a margarita, which Isaac can tell you I've been craving for about a month now (which is extra weird since I never drank margaritas before)!!

Here's what Baby T is up to this week..

Week Twenty-Six
-Your baby may weigh about two pounds now (average is 1.7 pound, 760gm) and is 14 inches (35.6cm) in length
-Air sacs in the lungs form now. Lungs begin to secrete a greasy substance called surfactant. Without surfactant the fetal lungs would stick together and couldn't expand after the baby is born.
-Although they've been sealed shut for the last few months, your baby's eyes are opening and beginning to blink this week. Depending on ethnicity, some babies will be born with blue or gray-blue eyes (which may change color in the first 6 months of life) and some will be born with brown or dark eyes.
-Brain wave activity for hearing and sight begins to be detectable.
-Fetal brain scans show response to touch. If you shine a light on your abdomen, your baby will turn his head.

No comments: